Here is a summary of the changes included in this release: Websockets Beta on non-Windows store platforms:
We now have initial beta implementation of websockets on all platforms: Linux, OS X, iOS, Windows Desktop.
This library is written on top of Websocketpp, which uses boost. Hence you will need the Boost packages to build the C++ REST SDK on Windows. The "How to setup, build, and run tests on Windows" page describes how to fetch the Boost dependencies. Windows Phone 8.1 support:
Windows Phone 8.1 binaries will be shipped with our NuGet Package. Additional features:
- HTTPS support for http_listener on Windows.
- Updated the Linux/OS X/iOS binary name to include the versioning.
- Added XP support for 2013.
- Additional Websockets features on Windows store: Added support for sending HTTP headers, authentication, proxies.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes in streams, http_listener and other code cleanup.
A highlight of this release is it includes community contributions for some Casablanca features. A special thanks to the contributors for helping improve Casablanca for everyone. If you are interested in making contributions, contact us at askcasablanca at Microsoft dot com.
Going forward, we will be doing all development publicly on CodePlex. This implies:
- The “development” branch will always be up-to-date with our latest changes.
- We will actively track the features and bug fixes that we are working on under the CodePlex:Issues section.