Conflict between Cacablanca headers and Boost Math

Jun 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM
I've managed to narrow down a conflict between these because of the fact that Casablanca defines the "U" macro. Trying to compile a project where both headers are included will generate compile errors in the boost headers.

Using a define to ensure Casablanca does not define this causes the compile errors to go away. I'm still using 2.4, and don't really want to upgrade right now, but I figure it still applies to the latest version. This is unfortunate and really problematic since the errors generated will typically be nonsensical due to macro involvement.

I'm just reporting this in case you don't know. I'd argue that the "U" macro should be disabled by default, but of course the decision on how to use this information goes to you guys.

Thanks again for an incredibly useful library.
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Hi Essentia,

Yes I agree the 'U' macro isn't great, but I don't it is going to be removed or default off anytime soon. It currently still does exist in the latest version, but thank you for the feedback.

I know you've discovered the option on how to turn it off, but just so others know if you define the macro _TURN_OFF_PLATFORM_STRING the 'U' macro will not be defined.

Steve