Does <atomic> now support Casablanca

Dec 16, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Hello,

I am compiling a program in Visual Studios 2012 Windows console application and I am trying to use Casablanca function but i get this error message:
error C1189: #error :  <atomic> is not supported when compiling with /clr or /clr:pure.
I read from a previous thread by Steve Gates that Casblanca is not supported in a clr application. Has this changed? If not, are there any other SDKs or function i can use in a C++ windows console application platform that will let me send or stream xml data to a web service?

Thank you,

Steven
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Hi Steven,

The C++ Rest SDK and it dependencies, like std::atomic do not work with /clr. There are no plans to change this and support the scenario. If you use a purely native C++ application, and not C++/CLI, you should have no trouble. Is there any reason why using native C++ or C# can't be done with your application?

Steve
Dec 18, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks again for your speedy response. It is very much appreciated. Why an am trying to use a C++/CLI application is because I am modifying a previously existing program in this platform. Modification is to take data gotten from it and store to a web service. So I will not be able to change the platform used. Are there any SDKs or Libraries in a C++/CLI platform that lets me stream data to a web service? If not I guess my only option will be to make an executable in native C++ and place it somewhere after the C++/CLI application is done. I was hoping to avoid this and have everything done in one program and one application. Please advise.

Best Regards as always,

Steven
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Hi Steven,

I'm not really sure in regards to a library, I don't have a lot of C++/CLI experience. Another option is perhaps to interop from C++/CLI into C++ to handle your web service calls. At the most basic level you always could create a separate native dll which exports APIs for making your web service calls as well.

Steve
Dec 18, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your recommendations, I will explore which option makes things most effect for my objective.

Regards,

Steven