Windows IoT/Galileo support

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Are there any plans to add a build of Casablanca which is tailored for Windows IoT for Galileo 1 & 2 to the nugget package? Or does the current Win32/x86 build already work? I haven't tried it yet. If it doesn't yet work but I can get a build for Windows IoT, would there be interest in having that build Config submitted for addition to the project? I'm probably going to take a whack at it this weekend, unless it's already known that the current Win32 build works out of the box.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Hi John,

Unfortunately, the current builds inside the NuGet package do not work (since they are optimized for common desktop computers) and it's unlikely that we will add those binaries to the NuGet package soon. However, I can outline some of the issues:
  1. Need to change the "Enhanced Instruction Set" option to be IA32 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7t5yh4fd.aspx)
  2. You might need to add /d2nolock to your additional compiler options
  3. Need to either:
    • Rebuild boost using this option and manually link it in (instead of the boost NuGet packages we use now)
    • Or, disable websockets. There isn't any official flag to do this, so try just #ifdefing out the contents of ws_client.cpp. We have currently disabled websockets in the VS 14 solution available via the development branch, so if you can use VS 14 CTP 4, you might start with that project directly to avoid this.
Let us know if this works for you, along with the others who've requested it here: https://casablanca.codeplex.com/workitem/217

Good luck,
roschuma
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:20 PM
Hi John,

I'll add as well if you want to do the changes to make it work, there is no reason why they shouldn't be contributed back. Ping me if you have want to discuss in more detail.

If you want/need to exclude websockets, I recently added a macro that can do this CPPREST_EXCLUDE_WEBSOCKETS. For an example take a look at the following vcxproj file: Release\src\build\vs12.wps81\casablanca120.wps81.vcxproj

Steve
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM
Thanks for the fast response. I'll ping you offline for details.
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2015 at 2:11 AM
FYI for anyone interested in this, here is a document describing how it can be done, at least with version 2.2.0.

Steve