Deploying an application using Casablanca SDK

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:34 AM
I have developed a console utility using VC++ 2012 with latest Casablanca SDKs. Now I want to deploy this utility in another PC. If I create a setup and deployment project of this utility, will it copy all the necessary DLLs into the package or do I have to extensively install REST SDK into that PC?
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Hi maverick786,

The NuGet package is simply copying the dlls into the binaries directory for your project. The setup and deployment should be the same as with using any other library which has a dll runtime dependency. I don't personally have experience with the Setup and Deployment Visual Studio project template so I can't share any additional instructions.

Steve
Sep 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Are you talking about this Packages folder that NuGet has created within the project directory? The overall size of this folder is 793MB. It contains 3 directories

1) cpprestsdk.2.2.0
2) cpprestsdk.redist.1.3.1
3) cpprestsdk.symbols.1.3.1

and a file named repositories.config. Since the end user would'nt like such a heavy 793MB package in his PC. Is there a ways we can get only the required DLLs and dependencies to run an exe file in client's PC?
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Take a look at the binaries folder for your Visual Studio application. So if you had built a simple command line ConsoleApplication called ConsoleApplication1 for Debug all the dependencies would be under the solution Debug folder ConsoleApplication1\Debug. After you build you will see that all of the necessary dependencies have been copied over.

Steve