strange recent error

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Hi,

I did a pull from the development branch and after a full rebuild (windows 7 64 bit), when I try to use an app which worked before, now I get this error:
This procedure entry point ?_?_extract_string@http_msg_base@................ could not be located in the dynamic link library cpprest120d_2_1.dll.

Odd enough, in release mode it seems to work. I will check again my usage but, I am sure I did not change anything in my code.

Thanks,
G.
Coordinator
Jul 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Hi G,

I made a change to extract_string adding a Boolean parameter to 'force' extraction ignoring the Content-Type and MIME type. It sounds like you need to recompile your application based on this change instead of just swapping in the dll.

Steve
Jul 13, 2014 at 3:03 AM
Hi Steve,

OK I did not realize that it was an interface change.

Thanks,

G.
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Hi G,

We maintain source level compatibility between release unless otherwise explicitly stated in the release. This has only happened once so far with the 2.0.0 release. This means you will need to recompile and can't just swap in the new dll. Also please note when working the development branch, this is directly where the team does their work so changes can occur and it is not as stable as the master branch.

Thanks,
Steve