force application to display a log in pop up and not use the existing signed-in users credentials

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:02 AM
I am logging in to a Microsoft account from my windows store app(i am using the live_connect.h header file included in WindowsLiveAuth sample code). If a user is already signed in to a Microsoft account on windows, an app permissions pop up will be displayed and the user wont be asked to enter his login credentials. How do i stop this default behavior and request windows to show a login pop up so that a user other than the signed-in user can sign into my app.
Jan 23, 2014 at 2:55 AM
Hi,

For logging into Live, WindowsLiveAuth sample uses the Windows Runtime (WinRT) OnlineIdAuthenticator API. Upon successful login, the sample stores the access_token (m_token in live_connect.h) for further requests. The OnlineIdAuthenticator is not a part of the C++ REST SDK.
Hence, for any queries regarding the authentication to live using this WinRT component, I would suggest trying some other forums such as:
  1. Windows Store Apps Forum
  2. Live Connect forum
One option that you can try is to pass the CredentialPromptType::RetypeCredentials to the AuthenticateUserAsync API. However if the only behavior is to signin using current user's Microsoft account, this option may not work.

For rest of the HTTP requests (to upload, download files etc), the WindowsLiveAuth sample uses the C++ REST SDK.

Thanks
Kavya