Support for Visual Studio 2010?

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:37 PM
From the release notes on version 1.3.0 ("Dev10 binaries have been dropped as of this release, however the Dev10 project files are still available in the Source Code"), I thought that I might still be able to build the SDK from source - but I've been finding it problematic.

I have now noticed the release notes on version 1.2.0: "Our plan is to make this the last release that supports Visual Studio 2010. We're planning to add support for Visual Studio 2013 in the next release." Does this mean that Visual Studio 2010 is no longer supported at all?
Coordinator
Nov 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Hi Calpol,

Yes in order to try and be more efficient we have decided we will only support two versions of Visual Studio at a time. In one of coming releases we will remove all the VS 2010 project files. So the short answer is yes for future releases we won't be supporting VS 2010 anymore. If you are unable, for various reasons, to update to 2012 or 2013 you can still continue to use our 1.2 or any prior releases.

Steve
Marked as answer by Calpol on 11/27/2013 at 7:51 AM
Nov 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Good to know - thanks.
Mar 5, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I have a question regarding the 1.2 version for VS2010...it's labeled BETA, but can we use it for production applications? Is a go-live license available for 1.2 on VS2010?
Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Hi wakkogc,

Yes absolutely you can use version 1.2 in production applications. All the releases are done under Apache 2.0 so you can pretty much do as you please. The reason that release was marked Beta was because it didn't undergo the same testing as say our 1.0 release. That said each release contains bug fixes above the previous, and for all our releases we try to keep the quality level high.

Steve
Mar 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Thanks Steve

That's what I thought but needed to be sure. Also, just found the license.rtf file. :-)

Sorry for hijacking your thread Calpol, but thought it would be nice if anybody else finds this thread and had the same question I did have it all in one place.