support for Linux

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Hi,
Can you please point me to some detailed documentation regarding the support for Linux? I am interested to find out if you plan to fully support ppl in Linux? I know that you have a version called pplx created for this project but, do you plan to fully support it in Linux?
Thanks,
GT
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 3:03 AM
Hi GT,

We don't have a lot of written up detailed documentation regarding our support level for Linux. Basically Casablanca supports Linux and will continue to. We are actively working on new features and bugs fixed for Linux. Our testing is done using Ubuntu and GCC. Here is some documentation on how to build and run tests on Linux.

In regards to PPL as part of Casablanca, we created pplx a cross platform version of PPL. It consists mainly of PPL tasks and is fully supported on Linux. In the future we might decide to incorporate and make more portions of PPL cross platform.

Steve
Sep 11, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Hi Steve

I tried a few times to compile it on Linux Mint but I hit this error:
vLinuxMint Cpp-REST-SDK # sudo apt-get install libboost1.48-all-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libboost1.48-all-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libboost1.48-all-dev'
Have you tried the SDK in Mint?

Thanks,
GT.
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Hi GT,

No, we haven't tried on Linux Mint and I'm not very familiar with it. Our resources are limited so for the Linux platform we have decided to do our regular development and testing using Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Steve