How to build a statically linked ( static CRT ) SDK

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM
I have a need to link my app to a static CRT The distributed SDK only supports DLL usage.
Is there documentation on how I can build my own static lib?
I am using Visual Studio Express 2013 Preview on Windows 7 64-bit
Aug 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Hi pmush,

Currently we don't support static linking with the C++ REST SDK. It is on our backlog of potential features to consider. You can try building a static version your self, take a under the Documentation tab for how to build. We have a feature request for static linking that you can up vote as well.

Thanks,
Steve
Jul 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM
stevetgates wrote:
Hi pmush,

Currently we don't support static linking with the C++ REST SDK. It is on our backlog of potential features to consider. You can try building a static version your self, take a under the Documentation tab for how to build. We have a feature request for static linking that you can up vote as well.

Thanks,
Steve
This was my question almost a year ago.
Has there been progress on this since?
Thanks.
Jul 2, 2014 at 10:01 AM
FWIW, we had a thought to do static linking also. The issue was we needed distinct .DLL names for 32/64, release/debug. We looked into static linking but eventually decided a one line change to the casablanca.vxproj file would be a satisfactory resolution to the issue. Here's the replacement line:
<TargetName>$(CppRestBaseFileName)120_$(CppRestSDKVersionFileSuffix)_$(Configuration)_$(Platform)</TargetName>
Jul 3, 2014 at 8:16 PM
We haven't done any work with static linking yet, because some customers have been able to successfully do themselves. We've been focusing on other features and issues that have more votes and customer interest or can't be worked around.

If you take a look at the feature request there are some instruction from others on how to use static linking.

Steve