Android/iOS

May 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Hi all,

I find it really really hard trying to command line configure the setup of libcurl for Android and was hoping this new release would be more cross platform friendly, so my statement is more of a question:

When will Casablanca support multi-platform?

Otherwise: Does ANYbody know the easiest way to implement libcurl for Android? Believe me. My googlewindow is torn to peaces :)
May 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Sorry to disappoint.

You will continue to see us support Windows and Ubuntu Linux. Currently, there's a slight difference in features between the two (the Linux version doesn't support SSL yet), but we will continue to work on those platforms.

Our aim is to keep our source code multi-platform enough so that it should be straight-forward for someone with the resources and know-how to port the code to other compilers and operating platforms, but you are unlikely to see us cover more than Windows and Linux in the near future.

Niklas
Jul 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Until iOS and Android has some support I will follow along (I certainly don't have the straight-forward skills yet to port a damn thing). This project has potential to solve my multi platform solution to connect to my [Azure] backend from my C++ apps. How is everyone else solving this dilemma, or am I totally alone in trying to wrestle the cross platform Apple/Android/Microsoft beasts into submission... One code base to rule them all.

I am really new to anything REST related, so I am sure ignorance on my part plays a huge role. Entry points welcome.