How to setup, build, and run tests on Windows
1. Install git
for Windows. Open Git Bash and create directory where you want to keep the source tree:
2. To clone this project in Git, use the following command (replace NameOfFolder with the name of the folder where you want the source code to be stored):
git clone https://git01.codeplex.com/casablanca NameOfFolder
Going forward, you will want to pull from the master
branch, which will always contain the last known release.
3. Next build the sources. On Windows, we support both Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013.
- Go to Cpp-REST-SDK/Release and open the casablanca110desktop.sln or casablanca120desktop.sln in Visual Studio. You will need to have the Windows Phone 8 SDK installed if you need to build casablanca110wp.sln or casablanca120wp.sln.
- Right click on the solution and select build.
How to run tests
- Once you have built the SDK you can run the tests
- Open a command prompt window
- Navigate to the Binaries directory and select the correct folder based on the configuration you built for
- Type the following command: TestRunner.exe
- You can now see all of the options available to run tests
- For example if we want to run all of the tests we can enter the following command:
7. Look at the instructions to see which other options are available to run specific tests