C++ REST SDK 2.6.0
There are no downloads associated with this release.
- Deprecated the streambuf::putn API. In some cases with file streams this API makes a copy. To be more efficient and not break existing code a new function putn_nocopy has been created. This makes it clear to users they need to ensure the pointer data provided is valid until the returned task is completed.
- File streams cleanup improvements: replacing C style casts, updating some shared_ptr parameters to const reference, and removed unnecessary data structures saving heap allocations and space. Fixes #353, #126
- Added ability to erase elements from a json array or object. #147
- Added missing static factories for working with 64bit integers to the json::value class. #351
- Fixed improper serialization of control characters that should always be Unicode escaped.
- Fixed issue with parsing and then serializing not properly escaping necessary characters if parsed originally from a stream. #259
- Updated json::value::as_number() and json::value::as_string() to return by const reference.
- Made json::object copy constructor not private. Also removed a few unnecessary copy constructors and stick with compiler generated.
- Fixed potential crash on Windows that could occur in some cases if the client sent and invalid URI. #267
- Fixed potential hang on Windows if running on a single core machine. #106
- Merged pull request fixing issue with listeners not being properly remove if port is in use on non-Windows. #375
- Updated Websocket++ version to 0.5.1.
- Added tests for Windows Runtime websockets client. #223
- Removed unnecessary extra event in Windows Runtime implementation from websocket client.
- Allow conversions for the OAuth 'expires_in' field from a JSON string value to a numeric value. #381
- Merged pull request fixing deadlock if an exception occurs while trying to schedule a task. #379
- Updated some code documentation comments to improve reference documentation.
- Merged pull request qualifying web::credentials namespace in http_client authentication_tests.cpp to avoid collisions with OpenSSL.
- Fixed locale based test cases to silently pass if the necessary locale isn't installed on the machine. #354
- Removed a bunch of unnecessary MSBuild properties from test vcxproj files. #264
- Changed safeint.hpp to use pragma once instead of ifdef guard.
- Removed DllMain and global process exiting flag as no longer needed.
- Removed Visual Studio 2012 project files. VS2012 is no longer supported.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2015 RC, preview is no longer supported.
- Fixed problem with CasaLens sample not compiling due to std::bind with some versions of Visual Studio 2015.
- Removed a bunch of Windows specific string conversion code, replaced with C++ standard equivalent.
- Fixed a potential deadlock on Windows XP when using CPPREST_FORCE_PPLX. #374
- Updated to Boost version 1.58.
- Updated to OpenSSL version 1.0.2a.
- Added support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP).
- Added support for websockets with Windows Desktop with Visual Studio 2015. #277
- Merged pull request adding version information to the dlls. #318
- Updated Boost dependency to version 1.57.
- Improvements to script for building Boost, including no longer building for OS X, adding x86_64 simulator, and always using latest iOS SDK available on the machine. #196
- Removed dependency on Boost.Locale and libiconv, replaced with C++ standard equivalent.
- Fixed issue including CMakeLists.txt from another CMake project. #372
- Fixed remaining warnings with GCC and removed warning suppression in CMakeLists.txt. #253
- Removed dependency on Boost.Locale and libiconv.
- Removed dependency on Boost.Locale and libiconv.
- Added a workaround using -funwind-tables compilation option since not included by default with Visual Studio Android support. #388
Awesome - keep up the good work
on Oct 4, 2015 at 6:32 PM
i like it very much, thanks.
on Jun 28, 2015 at 11:30 PM
nothing , byebye
on Nov 11, 2016 at 12:21 AM
it is good.
on Aug 26, 2016 at 5:51 AM
Tested with a simple console application using nugets with visual studio 2015. It works as a charm , i just needed to add the path to the header files. Thanks !
So for next users if you want to test the Http Client Tutorial :
1) download from github the last release.
2) create a win32 console
3) right click on the solution (not from the tools menu!) and click manage nugets, then install cpprestsdk
4) add path to the header files in the solution settings to the headers dowloaded from github
5) compile !
on Oct 31, 2015 at 3:20 PM
NuGet package of Android version of library not works with Visual Studio 2015
The package only includes binaries for clang 3.4 and not for clang 3.6 that is used by Visual Studio 2015.
on Oct 3, 2015 at 9:10 AM
Good for my time
on Aug 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM
i want to update it because i find some bugs.
on Aug 13, 2015 at 5:35 AM
Every release I've used so far is a big step forward. The best about this project are the responsiveness and the helpfulness of the maintainers. Thanks a lot for that!
on Sep 16, 2015 at 9:41 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.