cpprestsdk Android NuGet packages broken for VS 2015 release?

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:29 AM
I upgraded to VS 2015 RTM today, from the RC version, and now it appears that one of the cpprestsdk NuGet package dependencies is broken because I upgraded the Android NDK when installing the Cross Platform tools during the install. Boost_atomic-android complains that it was built for use with clang 3.4 and nothing else. Anyone else run into this issue?
Jul 24, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Hi navysparks,

Yes the Android NuGet packages are checking to only be enabled with Clang 3.4. And the default Clang version used for Android development in Visual Studio has changed. To workaround for now change back to Clang 3.4 or you can manually edit the .targets files for each of the NuGet packages to not strictly check for 3.4.

Steve
Marked as answer by navysparks on 8/14/2015 at 2:19 PM
Jul 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM
FYI I've opened the following issue to track this:

https://casablanca.codeplex.com/workitem/400
Jul 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Thanks Steve! I ended up with linker errors when I tried to update the .targets files to use Clang 3.6. I tried to change back to Clang 3.4 and keep VS 2015 RTM, but I wasn't able to figure that out. It appears the option to update the location of the Android NDK from within VS 2015 doesn't also update the Platform Toolsets available, and I could not figure out how to do that. I ended up having to restore my computer from backups back to the RC version of VS 2015! All is well after that.