C++ Rest SDK 2.5.0

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:22 PM
When C++ Rest SDK 2.5.0 will be going to release?
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Hi poojabaraskar,

We haven't decided yet on an exact date. Basically we are waiting until we think we've amassed enough changes to make it worthwhile to put out a new release. Is there a particular feature/bug fix you are waiting for? Here is the list of changes so far for 2.5.0.

Thanks,
Steve
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Hello Steve,

I am building project for galileo (ms-IoT), but unable to build the solution with Casablanca as described here . So I am waiting for the future release as you have mentioned about the support for Intel Galileo in that.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:27 PM
I see. To unblock yourself you in the 'development' branch we've added a Visual Studio project for Galileo that you can easily use to build the binaries yourself. The project file is included it in the Visual Studio solution file under the root folder in the repository.

Steve
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Tried everything, but getting lots of errors.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Hi poojabaraskar,

Can you please explain in more detail? What are the exact steps you tried and the errors you are getting? If Galileo doesn't work in the 'development' branch right now then it currently won't work in the 2.5.0 release either.

Thanks,
Steve
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:39 PM
Steve, I tried to follow the exact steps as mentioned here . When I try to build the casablanca120 project by changing the build settings to target IA32 architecture, it takes a lot of time and then shows many errors. so i am not even able to generate the required dll file to port on my galileo. Can you please send me that particular optimized dll for galileo.
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:48 PM
Hi poojabaraskar,

Please try building from the latest sources in the development branch. Here roughly would be the following steps:
  1. Git clone our repository on CodePlex.
  2. Checkout the 'development' branch.
  3. Open the Visual Studio solution, cpprestsdk120.sln.
  4. Build the project called cpprestsdk120.wod. You can build the whole solution if you want but that covers many platforms and will take longer.
  5. Go to the output directory should be Binaries\Platform\Configuration and look for cpprestsdk120d_2_4.wod.dll, cpprest120d_2_4.wod.lib, and cpprestsdk120d_2_4.wod.pdb.
Steve