.pdb file mismatch

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:21 PM
I am unable to debug my listener and client because I am recieveing a .pdb signature mismatch warning and the .pdb file is not being loaded.

This question may be related to a previous question with regards to nuget, as I needed to circumvent the nuget installation from an online source and I am now wondering if there was something key to loading the symbols that was needed?

(http://casablanca.codeplex.com/discussions/578184)

note I did load the nuget package, I just manually dowlaoded unzipped and then directed the nuget plugin to use my local directory as the source.

I can run the black jack project, but I just attempted to create a whole new project for the second time today just to be sure there are no other dependencies. I have some very simple listener and client code, I install the nuget package from my local source, everything links and compiles. It appears to be creating a new .dll and .pdb file in my executables directory but during debugging the .pdb file could not be loaded when I hit an error?

Has anyone hit this problem ever before?
Jan 29, 2015 at 8:23 AM
Microsoft (R) COFF/PE Dumper Version 12.00.31101.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Dump of file C:\trunk\ThirdParty\cpprestsdk.2.2.0\build\native\bin\Win32\v120\Debug\Desktop\cpprest120d_2_2.dll

File Type: DLL
PDB file 'C:\trunk\ThirdParty\cpprestsdk.2.2.0\build\native\bin\Win32\v120\Debug\Desktop\cpprest120d_2_2.pdb' checked. (PDB signature mismatch)
PDB file 'c:\jenkins\build\arch\dev12_32\config\Debug\libtype\Shared\Binaries\win32\Debug\cpprest120d_2_2.pdb' checked. (File not found)
PDB file 'C:\WINDOWS\symbols\dll\cpprest120d_2_2.pdb' checked. (File not found)
PDB file 'C:\WINDOWS\dll\cpprest120d_2_2.pdb' checked. (File not found)
PDB file 'C:\WINDOWS\cpprest120d_2_2.pdb' checked. (File not found)

you can see from the dumpbin output for some reason it thinks there is a signature mismatch in the cpprestsdk2.2.0 bin.
Robyn
Jan 29, 2015 at 10:23 AM
Possible mismatch between Debug/Release 32/64?
Jan 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM
Hi robyn,

Could you try using the latest version (v2.4.0) and report if you get a similar issue?

roschuma