Nov 25, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Let me apologize in advance if this is the wrong manner in which to submit feedback. I didn't see a more obvious mechanism.

After reading the FAQ, I would like to add a request for SOAP support. I'm looking at the C++ Rest SDK for a project, and it seems very straightforward to use. My project requires REST support initially, but I will likely need SOAP soon as well.

I am curious if SOAP support has garnered many requests. Before using the SDK, I would like to know how likely it is to see SOAP support.
Nov 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Hi jlschrag,

Here is a perfectly fine forum to discuss topics like this. You also can open issues or features requests here on CodePlex.

There have been a few requests/interest in SOAP, but not a lot. In general from the start we have had no intention of adding SOAP support and I don't see a likelihood of us starting to now. If you are using SOAP over HTTP you could just use the C++ Rest SDK for handling the transporting. You will need to handle the SOAP envelope and XML parsing. We do accept contributions so if you put together a solution that you'd like to share back this could be possible.

Thanks,
Steve