web::json::value type()

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:20 AM
The documentation links back to an enumeration, but doesn't go into what the enumeration explicitly is which has me wondering what type the object I have is, I was wondering if you could just post some clarification as to what the enum contains, for instance that object I have, in the debugger looks a lot like an array but according to the sdk it is not and from the type() function returns 3.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Hi GrandaThePanda,

Yes you've found a spot where we don't have full source documentation comments. Even worse it appears Doxygen doesn't pick up the enum values for some reason. I'm guessing because of how we have them formatted in the source code. Anyway here is the actual code:
    /// <summary>
    /// This enumeration represents the various kinds of JSON values.
    /// </summary>
    enum value_type { Number, Boolean, String, Object, Array, Null };
So you can see all the values map to the json types. I'm currently playing around with the source code so it gets picked up by Doxygen.

Steve
Marked as answer by GrandaThePanda on 8/28/2014 at 5:55 PM
Aug 29, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Steve,

Thanks very much, I played around after and figured out it was an object, going forward this will be very useful though. Thanks for the speedy reply!

-Granda
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2014 at 1:10 AM
Ok I updated the source code, but can't seem to find a way in the discussion to upload an image here showing what it looks like now....

This is checked into the development branch and won't be in our official hosted documentation until next release, but you can regenerate locally yourself if you want using: doxygen.exe .\public_apis_doxyfile

Steve