Building Against Non-NuGet Boost

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:45 PM
I need to be able to build the Casablanca library with some compiler flags which cause problems with the Boost binaries from NuGet. I would like to simply point the casablanca120.vcxproj at my locally build Boost libraries. However, I have not been able to figure out how to remove all the NuGet stuff for boost from the casablanca project.

I have tried uninstalling all the Boost packages using the NuGet package manager. I have also tried removing all boost references from the casablanca120.vcxproj file as well as the packages.config. However, whenever I build Casablanca I still get the following error:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_system-vc120-mt-gd-1_55.lib'

I don't see where this library is being reference from.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Coordinator
Jul 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Hi mabgfounder,

The boost libraries on windows use pragmas to automatically include libraries when you include the respective header files. Assuming you've successfully removed all the NuGet references, this would indicate that you haven't provided the boost libraries path to the linker.

Sincerely,
roschuma
Jul 17, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Thank you. I was deliberately leaving the files off the path to make certain I found all the NuGet references. I thought I was seeing evidence that I missed one. I have been away from the C++ scene for a while and hadn't seen anyone use pragmas to embed comments in the binaries to give the linker instructions. Another neat new trick. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that anytime soon (if ever)! Thanks again.