.chm files for Reference Documents won't open on Windows 7

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM
Hi,

I've downloaded the .chm file and I ended up getting a screen that says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled. What you can try: Retype the address".

I'm using Windows 7. I've googled for the solution (i.e. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11438634/opening-a-chm-file-produces-navigation-to-the-webpage-was-canceled) I can't locate the 'unblocked' button for Windows 7 even after following their instructions.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Albertina
Jun 19, 2014 at 6:58 PM
To get the Unblock button, one needs to be in the administrator account.
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Hi awong,

Just an FYI, I'm working on getting hosted reference documentation setup. Hopefully it won't be too long, I'm trying to figure out hosting location options right now :).

Then our documentation will be much easier to consume and up to date.

Steve
Jun 19, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Hi Steve,

That's wonderful! I'll be waiting with bated breath.

awong
Coordinator
Jul 11, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Hi awong,

It is taking longer than I planned to settle on a hosting location. In the mean time I've checked in a doxygen configuration file, public_apis_doxyfile, under the Release folder in the development branch. Once you have doxygen installed execute the following to create html reference docs locally:
doxygen public_apis_doxyfile
Thanks,
Steve
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Ok it is still going to be a while until I get a permanent hosting location. In the mean time you can generate the documentation locally like I mentioned before. I also uploaded the html documentation on to CodePlex, replacing the previously used chm file.

At least now you can easily download up to date html reference documentation.

Steve