safeint3.hpp syntaxerror when building project with casablanca

Apr 24, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Hi,
so i installed the Casablanca SDK for my project for some json useage.
So far so good but when im trying to build my project im getting the following errors :

Fehler 9 error C1004: Unerwartetes Dateiende gefunden. C:\sumo-0.20.0 - VS13\build\msvc11\packages\cpprestsdk.2.0.1\build\native\include\compat\safeint3.hpp 6237 1 z_libmicrosim_output
Fehler 7 error C2059: Syntaxfehler: ')' C:\sumo-0.20.0 - VS13\build\msvc11\packages\cpprestsdk.2.0.1\build\native\include\compat\safeint3.hpp 6237 1 z_libmicrosim_output
Fehler 6 error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ',' vor ')' C:\sumo-0.20.0 - VS13\build\msvc11\packages\cpprestsdk.2.0.1\build\native\include\compat\safeint3.hpp 6237 1 z_libmicrosim_output
Fehler 8 error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ';' vor '{' C:\sumo-0.20.0 - VS13\build\msvc11\packages\cpprestsdk.2.0.1\build\native\include\compat\safeint3.hpp 6237 1 z_libmicrosim_output

Sorry that its german but its basically some syntax error like missing "," before ")"

So am i doing something wrong? im not even using the safeint stuff as far as i know. Im just using the json and the http stuff. Did anyone had trouble with this before?

im using Visual Studio Express 2013 Windows Desktop and Windows 7 if thats interesting..

EDIT : Ok so i deleted all my casablanca code which wasnt that much. Even if i just add the casablanca package to my project and ONLY have #include <cpprest/http_client.h> without any useage i already get the error with safeint3.

So it cant be my code i have no idea im sitting here and try to figure something out but i dont get it. Did nobody have the same problem? i tried it with different projects and reinstalled but i get the same error all the time.
Coordinator
May 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Hi hoffmeij

I tried the same setup, Win 7 + Visual Studio Express for Desktop 2013. However I don't see these build errors.
Do you see the build failure if you are using a default Win32 Console Application and the C++ REST SDK (2.0.1) nuget package too?

Thanks
Kavya
May 5, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Thank you for your reply and your effort. When i have a default package theres no build error.
So i dont really know why but the build errors now disapeared when i included the casablanca stuff before the other includes.

It was an opensource projekt which i wanted to extend to send json data so i dont really know the project structure.. still kind of weird to get these kind of errors.
Coordinator
May 5, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Hi hoffmeij

Glad that the errors have now disappeared.
If you run into this issue again, do share a simple repro and we can dig deeper.

Thanks
Kavya