files over 4GB

Mar 29 at 7:20 AM
I'm trying to download a file that's over 4GB in size under windows but it seems the size of the file never got any bigger than 4GBytes. I've made a change to fileio.cpp line 397 and changed it as such:
    pOverlapped->OffsetHigh = (DWORD)(position >> 32);
this has fixed the problem for me, do you guys take pull requests?

Gery
Coordinator
Apr 1 at 4:05 PM
Hi Gery,

Yes you are absolutely correct! It looks like we are missing initializing the high order portion of the offset indicating the position when greater than 32bits. Your fix looks correct.

We do take pull requests, you will need to sign our contributor license agreement (CLA). Once you've signed you can email it directly to me at stgates at Microsoft dot com. The submit a pull request to the development branch and we will take your fix in, including in the next release.

Thanks,
Steve
Apr 4 at 8:13 AM
Hi Gery and Steve.

I am not sure this will work when building for 32 bit arch (or should at least be packed inside some #ifdefs ) and should the OffsetHigh also not be set when reading a file like in "_read_file_async" at line 494 in fileio.cpp?

Best,
Eske
May 14 at 8:41 AM
Hi Steve,
here's my contributor license agreement (attached), I will submit a pull request soon.

thanks!
Gery

Coordinator
May 14 at 6:08 PM
Hi Gery,

I don't see an attachment to this discussion anywhere. You can send it directly to me stgates at Microsoft dot com. That way you don't have to share with everyone else :).

Thanks,
Steve
Coordinator
May 16 at 9:49 PM
FYI I opened the following issue to track this bug:
https://casablanca.codeplex.com/workitem/161