The C++ REST SDK (codename "Casablanca") is a Microsoft project for cloud-based client-server communication in native code using a modern asynchronous C++ API design. This project aims to help C++ developers connect to and interact with services.
Are you new to Casablanca? To get going we recommend you start by taking a look at our tutorial
to use the http_client. It walks through how to setup a project to use Casablanca and make a basic Http request. Other important information, like how to build Casablanca from source, can be located on the documentation
What's in the SDK:
- Features - HTTP client/server, JSON, URI, asynchronous streams, WebSockets client
- PPL Tasks - A powerful model for composing asynchronous operations based on C++ 11 features
- Platforms - Windows desktop, Windows store, Windows phone, Ubuntu, OS X, and iOS
- Support for Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013 with debugger visualizers
- NuGet package with binaries for Windows platforms
Is there a feature missing that you'd like to see, or found a bug that you have a fix for? Or do you have an idea or just interest in helping out to build Casablanca? Let us know and we'd love to work with you. For a good starting point on where we are headed and feature ideas, take a look at our requested features and bugs
Big or small we'd like to take your contributions
back to help improve Casablanca for everyone. If interested contact us askcasablanca at Microsoft dot com.
We'd love to get your review score, whether good or bad, but even more than that, we want to fix your problem. If you submit your issue as a Review, we won't be able to respond to your problem and ask any follow-up questions that may be necessary. The most efficient way to do that is to open a discussion
or track it under issues